We are doing what we can to provide quality urgent and emergent dental care for your child. Our patients are like family to us, and we will continue to do everything we can to provide quality treatment in a clean, safe environment. We wanted to share what we’re doing to keep our patients and staff safe from Coronavirus.
We have a cleaning standard based on OSHA, that we uphold habitually to sterilize and disinfect our office. But in addition, we’re doing the following:
- Regularly disinfecting the waiting room, front desk, and play rooms.
- Wiping down doorways, light switches, faucets, keyboards, and door knobs throughout the day
- Make sure all our wildlife critters and treasure chests are wiped down
- Increasing weekly deep cleanings of all locations
- Wearing masks throughout patient appointments, instead of just during procedures
- Requesting that patients with symptoms or temperatures over 100 reschedule
- Asking patients and their families to wash or sanitize their hands when they enter and leave the office
- Requiring staff to stay home if they have any symptoms or a fever, and guaranteeing they have the information they need to stay healthy
- Closely following the latest guidance from the CDC , WHO, local government and public health agencies
How you can help keep COVID-19 from spreading
To help keep our staff and other patients safe, we respectfully request the following:
- If you or your children have any symptoms or a temperature over 100, please contact us to reschedule your appointment
- If you have traveled outside of the U.S., please consider rescheduling your appointment
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided or wash your hands thoroughly in the restroom upon arrival
- Please keep a safe distance from others in our reception area
- Please cough or sneeze into your elbow rather than your hand
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.