This is a one-day course located at our Summerville location to teach the fundamentals needed to monitor nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation in a dental office. In this course you will learn the discovery, history and evolution of nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation along with indications for use, contraindications for use and monitoring guidelines. A course completion test will be given at the end of the class that day. Once tests have been graded, a certificate of completion will be given for proof of course completion. We do not administer the test given by the South Carolina Board of Dentistry!
Once you have completed this course and have your certificate of completion in hand you will need to complete the application located on the South Carolina Board of Dentistry's site, from here you will select Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Certification under the Dental Hygiene section. This will give you an overview of how to complete the application and complete the affidavit of eligibility. The board will contact you with info to take your test at a testing center.
- Two (2) years continuous full-time employment as a chair-side assistant.
- Must hold a current BLS CPR certification
** All correspondences will be handled through our email email@example.com**
Additional Course Information:
- Course location: 384 East 5th North St. Summerville SC 29483
- Cost of course is $180 Payable by Debit/Credit Card, Cash, Money Order, Cashiers Check/No Personal Checks.
- Please email the office nitrous course email address for class schedule and remember that classes will fill up fast. Maximum ten students in person per class.
- The test will be taken during the last hour. You will have an hour after the course is completed to finish your test and turn in your answers. All questions are multiple choice and only your answers need to be turned in.
- Testing of material covered – Testing will be given directly after all content has been covered.
- Test will consist of 40 multiple choice questions.
- REFUND POLICY - NO Refunds Will Be Given
Under the Supervision of
Carrison A. Fischer:
Carrison graduated from Trident Technical College with a certificate in Allied Health Science as a Certified Expanded Duty Dental Assistant with the Dental Assisting National Board in 2010. Carrison has been an assistant for ten years, all ten of those years have been in a children’s/pediatric office. Carrison has been with Summerville Pediatric Dentistry for five years.